... to lead, strengthen and support collaboration and work within the guideline development, adaptation and implementation community.
Three principal aims:
- Providing a network and partnerships for guideline organisations, implementers, end-users, researchers, students and other stakeholders
- Assisting members in reducing duplication of effort and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of evidence-based guideline development, adaptation, dissemination and implementation
- Promoting best practice through the development of opportunities for learning and building capacity, and the establishment of high quality standards of guideline development, adaptation, dissemination and implementation.
- Participation in G-I-N’s annual conferences at reduced rates
- Involvement in the activities of the working groups and communities
- World largest International Guideline Library -regularly updated with the latest information of the G-I-N membership it contains more than 6,400 documents (April 2013)- and other online tools such as your clipboard and dashboard and the discussion boards
- Participation in workshops, courses and other opportunities
- Multiple networking opportunities to allow mutual learning and improvements
- enGINe, the G-I-N newsletter
The Guidelines International Network is an international not-for-profit association of organisations and individuals involved in the development and use of clinical practice guidelines. It is a Scottish Guarantee Company, established under Company Number SC243691 and is also a Scottish Charity, recognised under Scottish Charity Number SC034047. Governance arrangements are addressed in its Articles of Association.
G-I-N seeks to improve the quality of health care by promoting systematic development of clinical practice guidelines and their application into practice, through supporting international collaboration.
G-I-N developed partnerships with the following groups/organisations: The AGREE Research Trust, The GRADE Working Group, The International Federation for Emergency Medicine, The International Network of Agencies for Health Technologies Assessment and The World Medical Association.
The Network's affairs are directed and managed by a Board of Trustees, elected by G-I-N's members and representing experts from all parts of the world.
For more detailed information on the Network's background and activities we encourage you to:
- consult and Annual Reports;
- read the Network's strategy for 2010-2013
- visit our section on G-I-N Activities where you will obtain an overview of the current activities and outcomes of the G-I-N Working Groups;
- browse our News & Events sections;
- read about the G-I-N History.
Applications for individual or organisational membership are very welcome
G-I-N encourages links to its website
- Please read our policy
G-I-N has its office at the
German Agency for Quality in Medicine (Aerztliches Zentrum fuer Qualitaet in der Medizin)
Straße des 17. Juni 106-108
10623 Berlin, Germany
More information about Scottish charities can be accessed via the website of the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator.