Frode Forland, MD, DPH
My professional background is as a medical doctor, MD/DPH. I am specialist in Public Health and General Practice.
After being a clinician in Norway and Zimbabwe for ten years, I have worked with projects on Evidence Based Medicine and Guidelines development within The Norwegian Board of Health and later in the Norwegian Directorate of Health, where I have led the Department of Quality, Prioritisation and Guidelines, being responsible for the National Guidelines Programme and establishment of the Norwegian Electronic Library for Health.
My current position is as Director for Primary Health Care. This year I am appointed as a Seconded National Expert to ECDC (European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control) to work on methods and processes for giving Evidence Based Scientific advice to member states and the EU Commission on Public Health issues and specifically on infectious diseases.
I have worked with GIN from its founding, and have led the Nordic G-I-N network. I was member of the AGREE II working group, and was a member of an expert committee under the Council of Europe to make a methodology for guidelines development, and finally I have worked together with the Cochrane Collaboration.
"Vision of G-I-N in five years"
- continues to facilitate the sharing of guidelines between member states and organisations
- further develops methods and processes on how to efficiently develop and implement evidence based guidelines
- constitute a network of people and organisations who have interests on how to get the best health service across to the most needy patients
- pay attention to the questions on equity and social determinants of health when it comes to prioritisation of guidelines
- develops to become the net site of choice for all in need of good guidance on health treatments and services