Guideline implementation course
One day practical introduction to the art and science of implementing evidence-based practice and guidelines with experts who have both developed and implemented guidelines.
Join us for a one day practical introduction to the art and science of implementing evidence-based practice and guidelines with experts who have both developed and implemented guidelines. The course is supported by the Guidelines International Network (G-I-N) and the Network's Implementation Working Group. The course will be held prior to G-I-N 2012.
- Aug 22, 2012
- 09:00 am
- Berlin, Germany
- BCC - Berliner Congress Center
+47 464 00 455
- 7:30 hours
Objectives of the course
During the course you will:
- explore and understand the process for implementation through:
- Identifying barriers and enablers,
- selecting appropriate interventions, and
- selecting measures to demonstrate practice change
- start developing a plan for implementation
- network and share practical experience with experts in the implementation of guidelines.
Over the course of the day we will draw on real examples from different care settings. Participants will be encouraged to work on and develop a practical implementation plan for their own evidence-based projects which will meet the needs of policy makers, health practitioners, patients and consumers.
The course will be led by Heather Buchan, Sue Huckson and Catherine Marshall. Speakers and panel members include Susanne Weinbrenner, Anna Gagliardi and Dave Davis.