Webinar: Successful Guideline Implementation: First Steps
This webinar is now available. Downloading, copying, reusing, or distributing this document is not permissible.
This webinar provides an introduction to the art and science of guideline implementation. The presenters talk about the essential first steps to take when faced with implementing a guideline, including :
- Discussion of factors that influence the implementability of the guideline;
- An introduction to current tools that will help with implementation, including AGREE 2, GLIA and the Guideline Development Checklist for successful guideline enterprise;
- Identifying stakeholders and their barriers and enablers to implementing the guideline;
- Prioritisation of the implementation activities.
Case studies from New Zealand and one from Australia are used to demonstrate the processes and the insights gathered from working with stakeholders to develop an implementation plan.
Recording of the webinar
- Jun 11, 2014
- 02:00 am
- 1:30 hours
Independent Guideline Adviser, New Zealand
Honorary G-I-N Patron
Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society
G-I-N Board Member
Chair, G-I-N North America Steering Group
The objectives of this webinar are:
1. To provide an insight into the preliminary stages of developing a guideline implementation plan or strategy.
2. To assist guideline authors to think more about the end users when they craft the final guideline recommendations.
3. To assist webinar participants in facilitating a discussion amongst guideline implementers starting an implementation project and give them confidence that the task can be managed in an orderly and fun way.