News from members
SIGN guideline recommendations are now be available on the move with the new, free, SIGN app.
Developed by the SIGN Executive in collaboration with Root Creative, Glasgow, the app for the Apple iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad launches with quick reference guides (QRG) of these recently published SIGN guidelines:
- Early rheumatoid arthritis
- Venous thromboembolism
- Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis in adults
- Chronic venous leg ulcers
- Stroke: identification and management of dysphagia
- Stroke: rehabilitation, prevention and management of complications, and discharge planning
- Management of sore throat and indications for tonsillectomy
- Non-pharmaceutical management of depression
- Diagnosis and pharmacological management of Parkinson’s disease.
The QRG content is enhanced with material from the main guideline and online resources, linked to the SIGN website. Each new SIGN QRG will be available as an update through the Apple App Store as it is published, building into a complete library of SIGN QRGs.
This new format will be particularly useful for front line healthcare professionals. The app features keyword search and bookmarking and access to the SIGN website.
New generation smart phones and tablet devices have the usability and straightforward access to content that will provide users with a portable and easily updated means of accessing SIGN guideline material.
The format and content of the QRGs are perfectly suited to the screen size of smart phones and SIGN is now looking at utilising the larger screen of the iPad as a platform for full guidelines.