Members & Governance
The following members form the G-I-N African Community:
|South African Medical Research Council||N/A - Institutional Member|
|Okwen Patrick Mbah|
|Brian Kanaahe Mwebazefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ndong Ignatius Chengemail@example.com|
|Carl Ndibmum Nwanafirstname.lastname@example.org|
Members of the G-I-N Africa Committee are:
Okwen P Mbah
Members of the G-I-N Africa Steering Committee are:
Lawrence Mbuagbaw (Affiliation: McMaster)
Charles Wiysongye (Affiliation: MRC SA)
Okwen Patrick Mbah
Role of G-I-N Africa members:
- Guide the strategic development of the G-I-N Africa Regional Community
- Identify and prioritise topics or projects that, based on the best available knowledge, could enhance regional guideline development, adaptation, dissemination, or implementation and performance measurement
- Ensure synergy and communication between the G-I-N Africa and other regional communities
- Advise on future direction for growing and strengthening the Community
Individuals can volunteer or be nominated for a position on the G-I-N Africa Steering Group if they are (a) an individual or organisational member of G-I-N and (b) have experience, knowledge, and interest in guideline-related activities. Appointments are for 2 years, renewable once.
What are the benefits of joining G-I-N?
- Regional and international collaboration with people who have a common interest in clinical practice guideline development, adaptation, dissemination, implementation and performance measurement
- Access to a sounding board for feedback on concerns, issues, or obstacles
- Ability to share best practices and to network with other G-I-N groups and communities
- Access to the world’s largest guideline library, with over 6,000 entries
- Ability to promote your group in the G-I-N newsletter and on the G-I-N website
Must I become a G-I-N member to participate in G-I-N Africa activities?
You can subscribe to the G-I-N mailing list as a non-member to get acquainted with our activities, which we hope will convince you to become an active G-I-N member. G-I-N membership confers significant benefits that include access to resources, working groups, development tools, a newsletter, the guideline library, and discounted registration fees for G-I-N conferences. Full members can interact and network with the international G-I-N community to exchange ideas, receive advice, and avoid duplicating efforts.
The Steering Group meets via teleconference as required, with ongoing e-mail contact for issues arising in the interim. An in-person Steering Group meeting occurs at the annual G-I-N Conference.