About the Implementation Working Group
- Alert members to and/or offer implementation training opportunities
- Connect G-I-N members with others that have implementation expertise
- Assemble and/or develop, and provide access to implementation tools and guidance
- Undertake research that will advance the science and practice of guideline implementation
Recent publications based on IWG projects
(1) Gagliardi AR, Alhabib S and the Guidelines International Network Implementation Working Group. Trends in guideline implementation: A scoping systematic review. Implement Sci 2015; 10: 54.
(2) Gagliardi AR, Marshall C, Huckson S, James R, Moore V. Developing a checklist for guideline implementation planning: review and synthesis of guideline development and implementation advice. Implement Sci 2015; 10: 19.
Collaboration with G-I-N Public
Thus far, participants include Corinna Schaefer, Heather Buchan, Robin Vernooij, Melina Willson and Jorma Kormulainen, and the following projects are underway:
(1) Systematic review of self-management to describe the format/content/delivery characteristics associated with impact, thereby identifying the types of information/tools that could accompany guidelines and support implementation.
(2) Create a toolkit/directory that offers information/links to existing resources (academic publications, web sites, guides) on how to develop patient-oriented resources (guideline summaries, leaflets/brochures, decision aids, etc.) to accompany guidelines and support implementation.
To compile an inventory of guideline questionnaires, we are conducting a systematic review of guideline questionnaires that assess knowledge, attitudes, barriers, and intended/self-reported behaviour.