Which of the following guideline implementation tools, processes or strategies does your organisation currently produce, or plan to use, and which are best applied by intermediaries or end users?
Current activity in my org
Planned activity within 1 year in my org
Planned activity within 5 years in my org
Best done by intermediary
Best done by end user
Comment - mandatory if "no"
Intermediary: Any other individual or organisation.
End user: Practicing clinician OR healthcare service provider organisation. Does not include health care funding agencies.
Org: Your organisation.
- Publishing of summaries of guidelines for practitioners
- Publishing of summaries of guidelines for patients / public
- Chapter or section in the guideline which specifically discusses implementation
- Decision algorithms / diagrams
- Training materials / media
- Guidance on how to implement guidelines in addition to the guideline document itself
- Tools for calculating the cost of adopting guideline recommendations
- Audit tools or performance or quality measures
- Standards (performance or quality measures with normative statements about required performance)
- Guideline media-launch functions or conference presentations
- Meetings with clinical and other networks for general discussion / promotion of a guideline
- Delivery of formal clinical training on the guideline
- Interactive media (e.g. webinars / web-meetings for practitioners, RSS, podcasts)
- Social networking tools (e.g. Facebook/Bebo/Twitter or other)
- Clinical decision support software version of guideline (for computer-assisted application at the point of care)
- Barrier / enabler analysis or other ‘implementability’ analysis to explore what will be required to implement a guideline
- Full implementation plan: a detailed report setting out steps and costs of implementing a particular guideline (this could be at national, regional or local level)
- Set-up and management of practice- or systems-change projects (e.g. national quality improvement projects, regional or local clinical pathway development)