This resources page focuses on the intersection between clinical practice guidelines and multimorbidity. If you would like to suggest additional websites, pdfs of presentations, or papers that could be part of this website, please email Ilkka Kunnamo at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we welcome all suggestions, given that there are websites, presentations and papers that are focused on multimorbidity, and the same for guidelines, resources that clearly address the intersection of both will be the primary focus of this website. Suggestions will be reviewed and sent on to the GIN webmaster for posting in batches several times per year.
- Currently, these links to resources will be available to GIN members only after login.
- For presentations, permission to post pdf version on the GIN website must be obtained from the primary author. If this is the same person as the nominator, we may require email confirmation that permission has been granted.
- For papers, if the paper is publicly available to all, we will provide both a link to the pubmed citation, as well as a link to the pdf at the original (journal) website. If it is not publicly available directly from the journal website, we will provide a link to the pubmed citation.
- Guiding Principles for the Care of Older Adults with Multimorbidity (American Geriatrics Society)
- International Research Community on Multimorbidity (CIRMO): http://crmcspl-blog.recherche.usherbrooke.ca/
- CIRMO’s library of publications on multimorbidity: https://www.usherbrooke.ca/crmcspl/fileadmin/sites/crmcspl/documents/Publications_on_multimorbidity_01.pdf
- Department of Health and Human Services Initiative on Multiple Chronic Conditions: http://www.hhs.gov/ash/initiatives/mcc/
- CMS Chronic Conditions Chartbook: http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/Chronic-Conditions/index.html
- Preventing Chronic Disease collection of MCC reports: http://www.cdc.gov/pcd/collections/index.htm
- Multimorbidity: clinical assessment and management (NICE): http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/indevelopment/gid-cgwave0704
- AHRQ website on multiple chronic conditions: http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/prevention-chronic-care/decision/mcc/index.html
- AHRQ’s Multiple Chronic Condition Research Network: http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/systems/long-term-care/resources/multichronic/index.html
- Minimally disruptive medicine: http://minimallydisruptivemedicine.org
- Journal Co-Morbidity: http://jcomorbidity.com/index.php/test/index
- PRIMA-eDS Research Consortium: www.prima-eds.eu
- Effectiveness of interventions in patients with multimorbidity in primary care (Susan Smith, WONCA Europe, July 3, 2014)
- Richard Goodman: HHS Initiative on Multiple Chronic Conditions: Implications for Clinical Practice Guidelines. ATS Workshop, Orlando, 2014
- Moray Nairn: Accounting for multimorbidity in economic models: implications for clinical guidelines. G-I-N Melbourne, 2014
- Cynthia Boyd: Informing Patient-Centered Care of People with Multiple Chronic Conditions: Addressing Co-existing Conditions in Guideline Development. G-I-N Melbourne, 2014
- Bruce Guthrie: How useful are evidence-based guidelines for primary care. DECIDE conference, Edinburgh, 2014
Please find below a list of presentations for the 2014 Melbourne conference relating to Multimorbidity.
Papers on Multimorbidity
- Abstracts relevant for guidelines addressing multimorbidity at G-I-N 2015 in Amsterdam