First for 2010
Emergency Medicine UK: College of Emergency Medicine GEMNet (Guidelines for Emergency Network)
GEMNet's mission is to provide authoritative and reliable guidance on the management of medical emergencies by producing evidence-based guidelines that are relevant to Emergency Department practice. Link to the site
Work plan of the G-I-N EC Community for 2010
All the G-I-N working groups have been asked to submit a work plan to be reviewed by the G-I-N Board. The G-I-N EC Community steering group approved the attached a work plan. I hope that we are going to have an interactive year with possibly some new partners and a new website.
International Conference for Emergency Medicine, June 9-12 in Singapore
- Reminder Abstracts close 31 January http://www.icem2010.org/
- The proposal to hold a GIN EC Community 2hr workshop has been accepted by the conference organising committee, if you intend being there and would like to participate it would be great to hear from you. The session has been designed to focus on guidelines and implementation with opportunities to discuss what guidelines are needed by the EM sector and an overview of the AGREE tool to assess the quality of a guideline. There will be participants from the Asia Pacific Region to share their expertise.
Guidelines International Network Conference, August 25-28 in Chicago
- Reminder abstracts close 1st February http://www.gin2010.org/
- Chicago may be an option for those that may not be going to Singapore. We are keen to have a presence at the conference and are planning to submit abstracts for workshops. If any one is interested in submitting a joint abstract or has an idea for a workshop please let me know.
- Please let spread the word amongst your colleagues.
Both conferences will provide an opportunity for those attending to met face to face.
Wishing everyone a happy new year.